The ‘delegated approach’, also referred to as fiduciary management or implemented consulting, involves an investment consultant, or investment management firm, taking on some of the decision-making related to a pension fund, particularly manager selection and implementation of investment strategy.
Examples of these outsourced pension solutions include Mercer Aspire, Aon Implemented Consulting for Pension Schemes, and Willis Towers Watson Delegated Investment Services.
We provide independent oversight and consultancy on fiduciary management. Independent review of implemented consulting is especially important when the multiple services are provided by the delegated manager.
Areas we assist trustees and sponsors with include:
- Provider evaluation, manager selection and comparison
- Setting investment mandates and benchmarks
- Service specification
- Reviewing performance and value
- Ongoing supervision and transparency
- Training, education, and monitoring market developments
- Monitoring and evaluating potential conflicts of interest
- Challenging investment activities and manager decisions
- Exiting delegated approaches
If you would like to discuss how we can help, please contact Joe Byrne.
Other services that may interest you:
Get in touch
Leave a message with some information about your query and a member of the team will be in touch.