Job Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Closing Date: 15th November 2023
Byrne Actuaries is an Irish owned consultancy that has provided quality independent advice for over 30 years.
Our business has grown predominantly through referrals from our clients and professional contacts. The business is based on a culture which aims to provide all of our clients with a high quality professional service through strong personal relationships. Our team of long established professionals provides a wealth of experience, independent pro-active advice on complex issues and most importantly a personalised service tailored specifically for our clients’ needs.
We are currently recruiting for an Actuarial Graduate to assist our Actuaries in our Actuarial Consulting, Expert Witness, Investment Consulting, Financial Planning and Wealth Management practice. Applications are invited from Actuarial Science students or candidates from a related discipline who have a strong desire to pursue a career as an Actuary. For more detail on the consulting services we offer please see https://www.byrneactuary.com
As a Trainee Actuary you will gain experience across all our practice areas. You will provide assistance to our senior Actuaries across our Expert Witness, Pension & Investment Consulting and Financial Planning teams. Your role will involve:
- Performing actuarial calculations required for personal injury, fatal accident, garda compensation, family law and unfair dismissal cases
- Calculation of the capital value of future costs such as future care, home help, aids and appliances and assistive technology
- Preparing draft actuarial reports to be reviewed by a senior actuary
- Undertaking project work across our pensions department such as funding valuations, accounting valuations, transfer value calculations and risk management projects
- Managing client relationships and leading in the provision of investment strategy, fund research and manager selection
- Contributing to the delivery of the day to day services required by our clients
- Attending meetings with clients and providing solutions to their requirements
- Supporting new business initiatives
- Assisting with the development of junior Actuarial Students
- Working with our team of experienced Actuaries and Consultants to develop systems and processes to improve overall efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in a numerate / economic area
- Strong team orientation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Well organised and detail oriented
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience of work in a pension consultancy, insurance brokerage, financial planning / wealth management house would be an added advantage
The successful candidate is expected to make steady progress through the actuarial exams with the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFOA). A comprehensive study package will be provided.
Applications are invited from:
- 2023 and 2024 Actuarial graduates
- Part qualified actuaries
- Recently qualified graduates in a related discipline
Your application should include the following:
- Transcripts of your university results in each subject for each semester to date
- A list of any Institute and Faculty of Actuaries subjects you expect to be exempt from
- Transcript of your leaving cert (or equivalent) results