Job Location: Dublin
Dates: June 2024 to August 2024
Byrne Actuaries is an Irish owned consultancy that has provided quality independent advice for over 30 years. Our business has grown predominantly through referrals from our clients and professional contacts. The business is based on a culture which aims to provide all of our clients with a high quality professional service through strong personal relationships. Our team of long established professionals provides a wealth of experience, independent pro-active advice on complex issues and most importantly a personalised service tailored specifically for our clients’ needs.
We are currently recruiting for an Actuarial Student for a summer internship programme running from June 2024 to August 2024 inclusive. Applications are invited from Actuarial Science students or candidates from a related discipline who have a strong desire to pursue a career as an Actuary.
As an Actuarial Student you will provide assistance to our senior Actuaries in our Expert Witness team. Your role will involve:
- Performing actuarial calculations required for personal injury, fatal accident, garda compensation, family law and unfair dismissal cases
- Calculation of the capital value of future costs such as future care, home help, aids and appliances and assistive technology
- Preparing draft actuarial reports to be reviewed by a senior actuary
- Contributing to the delivery of the day to day services required by our clients
- Attending meetings with clients and providing solutions to their requirements
- Supporting new business initiatives
- Working with our team of experienced Actuaries and Consultants to develop systems and processes to improve overall efficiency
- You will also have the opportunity to gain experience across our wider practice including Investment, Pensions, Risk Management and Financial Planning
- Current student of an Actuarial Science degree or related discipline
- Strong team orientation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Well organised and detail oriented
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
Your application should include the following:
- Transcripts of your university results in each subject for each semester to date
- Transcript of your leaving cert (or equivalent) results
Elm House, Leopardstown Office Park, Sandyford, Dublin 18.
E-mail: [email protected]